Savoury muffin is my favourite thing to bake and eat. It’s soo easy and soo delicious to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Recently, I found another savoury muffin recipe but I was quite sceptical of its taste.
Not much seasoning is required and thus I was convinced that the muffin will turn out quite tasteless. But delightfully, I was wrong! These muffins turned out like gold ^^ They were moist inside and pleasant overall. Definitely going to make this easy recipe again!
Recipe: from http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/516385
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 225ml milk
- 110g melted unsalted butter
- 20g cherry tomatoes, quartered and seeds removed
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, and melted butter in a separate bowl . Stir in the quartered tomatoes and cheese.
4. Sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture and fold the flour in with a large wooden spoon until just combined. Do not over mix. The mixture will remain lumpy.
5. Spoon into lined muffin pan, filling just to the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool and serve.
Makes 12 muffins