Hi I’m back! Finally done with all the midterm tests and presentations and so it’s time for a little breather and baking! I was craving for chocolate cookies and oats so I googled for some chocolate oatmeal cookies.
I settled for this recipe and it’s quite meh. The cookie is soft and I’m not a fan of soft cookies so yeah… I replaced half of the brown sugar with white sugar but it was still quite soft so I’m not sure if using white sugar only will give me crunchy cookies.
Also, I feel that there’s wayyy too much chocolate in this recipe. The chocolate chips can be halved or omitted. Not a recipe that I will try again.
- 113g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add egg and vanilla, beat until blended.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Add to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Add in the oats and chocolate chips. (the batter will be rather watery)
5. Place tablespoonfuls of batter onto a lined baking tray, about 2 inches apart. Bake for around 10 minutes (I baked for 15 minutes for it to be a lil bit crunchier) until the cookies appear set and no longer wet.