Chanced upon the recipe for potato wedges on Jamie Oliver’s website. I’ve always had a good impression on his recipes because the roast chicken recipe I used many many years ago was a smashing success.
Being used to those deep-fried, frozen potato wedges, I think that this version is very much like sliced baked potatoes. I’m not sure if I did something wrong but my wedges weren’t crispy on the outside and the taste was a little bland.
But the more I munched on it, the more I like it. Just like a baked potato, I can taste the potato taste (LOL) and it’s really not that bad considering how much healthier this is.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium baking potatoes (around 280g)
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Scrub the potato clean and remove any gnarly bits. Cut the potatoes into chunky wedges.
3. In a bowl, add the oil, salt and pepper. Toss the wedges in until evenly coated.
4. Spread the wedges onto a baking tray, skin-side down.
5. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden, crisp and cooked through (potatoes can be poked without resistance)
Makes plenty for 2