While blog hopping to look for ideas, I chanced upon Happy Home Baking‘s post on pizza muffins. I didn’t know that muffins can be savoury and after over coming the initial shock, the idea of eating pizza-flavoured muffins appealed to me. I decided to give it a go and this is my favourite bake thus far!
IT’S SOOO DELICIOUS! And it doesn’t help that I made it on a cold rainy afternoon. I am soooo definitely going to make this again (and it’s simple and fun to make! How perfect can it get ^^)
Oh and initially the mixture looks kind of dry to me and I thought the muffins will turn out rock hard. No, it will be very moist ^^ I’m glad I didn’t doubt the recipe and added more liquid.
This is a recipe that all pizza lovers (and non-pizza haters) must try! This is simply amazing. No words can describe my love for it teehee <3<3
Recipe: (Adapted from Happy Home Baking)
- 225g Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (I will cut down/omit it next time since it’s already pretty salty from all the cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Mixed Herbs
- 105g Grated Cheddar (Divide into 60g and 45g portions)
- 100g Chicken sausage, sliced
- 100g Green Pepper, diced
- 80ml Vegetable Oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste/2 tablespoon Pasta Sauce (I used pasta sauce and the tomato flavour wasn’t strong enough)
- 1 Egg
- 120ml Milk
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Sieve flour and baking powder into mixing bowl. Add in 60g of cheese, green peppers, sausage, salt, and mixed herbs. Mix well.
3. Whisk together oil, tomato paste, milk, and egg in a separate bowl till combined.
4. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix with a spatula until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin tin and sprinkle top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or when an inserted skewer comes out clean. (Mine was in the oven for 20 minutes. I used a tin that’s more shallow than a texas muffin tin. Gave me 12 muffins.)