Not long ago, my friend made baked kai lan chips and posted it on instagram. It looked so cute and yummy! And, the recipe was really quick and easy so I decided to give it a try!
I think I drizzled a little way too much oil and my chips are like soaked in oil haha. But they still taste great and crispy! And it tastes a little like original flavoured potato chips haha! I think it’s the baked salt! My chips didn’t stay crispy for long. Maybe it’s the overwhelming amount of oil or maybe I didn’t bake it long enough. However, this is still a great snack and I’m going to try it again!
- Kai lan (or any leafy vegetable I THINK)
- Black Pepper
1. Remove stems and wash the leaves
2. Tear/cut the leaves into desired shapes and sizes
3. Dry the vegetable and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper
4. Drizzle some oil (don’t be tempted to add too much! ’cause the leaves will shrink after baking so it will end up soaking in oil), sprinkle salt and black pepper sparingly
5. Bake in a preheated oven for 7 minutes or until crisp, at 180 degrees celcius