My recipes are easy and usually for one person. I believe if there’s time, students like me shouldn’t be surviving on just instant noodles (though I totally agree that they are essential, especially during exam periods)!
So here’s my first recipe: grilled prawns with celery and buckwheat noodles.
- 5-10 Green banana prawns (any other types of big prawns can do too)
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 bunch of Korean buck wheat noodles
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp light soya sauce
1. Peel and de-vein the prawns, leaving the tails on
2. Season the prawns with salt and pepper
3. Heat up a grill pan and grill the prawns till they curl up and are red, with some charred areas on both sides
4. Meanwhile, boil a pot of water and blanch the celery. Add the noodles after the celery is done cooking
5. Cook the noodles till soft and toss with mirin and light soya sauce
6. HAVE FUN PLATING :D
Pretty simple huh? Have fun and enjoy the flavours of the ingredients!