Hello, guest blogger here from shootbanglove@WP HAHA. The bff came over to my house for another baking session & we decided to bake strawberry muffins to fully utilize our remaining ingredients & the muffin tray we bought last time.
I think we were quite successful this time because the muffins rose quite well & they taste pretty nice (but the bff said the strawberries gave off an artificial flavoring)!
Pretty golden brown muffins, garnished with strawberries for a more visually appealing feel :-)
The muffins were quite easy to make as well, we just needed to pour the ingredients in the mixing bowl & mix everything together although the sifting & dicing were quite tedious.
We had fun hahaha looking forward to the next muffin baking session!! Guest blogger signing off :-)
Recipe (makes about 30 muffins) from http://www.noobcook.com/strawberry-muffins/
– 3 cups (375g) plain flour
– 3 eggs
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 2 cups (450g) caster sugar
– 2 tsp vanilla essence/extract
– 1.5 cup diced strawberries
– 1 cup (250ml) milk
– 125 gms butter, cut to small pieces and melted at room temperature
1. Sift flour, baking powder and sugar together, and mix well.
2. Add in milk, eggs, vanilla essence and butter and stir until just blended (and lumpy). Be careful not to over mix as it will result in a tough texture.
3. Fold in the diced strawberries into the mixture. Place baking cases in muffin tins. Spoon the mixture into the cases (each about 2/3 filled).
4. Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven of 200C (400F) or until slightly golden brown. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving.